5 Things you should ask before your next pedicure
Spring is here, the sun is out and soon shall be the sandals. Make sure your next pedicure is safe. Be proactive and ensure you are getting a pedicure from a place that practices strict sanitization procedures.
5 Things you should ask before your next pedicure.
I am sure you have heard the rumours about the health risks of receiving a pedicure. This blog has been written to help you understand how to protect yourself.
1) Do they have certified Estheticians? Where did they go to school?
Did you know a large part of a pedicure course is disease control and sanitization. Anybody can learn how to do a pedicure, but an aesthetician also needs to know who should NOT get a pedicure.
2) Are you filling out a medical history form?
If not how do they know if you are diabetic? If you have Hepatitis? Or if you have any other contagious potentially harmful Conditions?
3) How do they sterilize their tools.
Autoclaves with proper timing systems or chemical disinfection are good. Ultra violet units and autoclaves without proper timing systems are not allowed.
4) What type of tools do they use, anything glass or Stainless steel can be sterilized everything else should either be given to client or thrown away.
5) Do you see pedicure chairs with jets? How do those get cleaned? It takes 7-10 minutes to clean the chairs in between clients. The tubs should be run with a cleaning solution for 5 minute anything less and it is not effective. Then the tub and jets also need to be scrubbed properly. Meaning the jets need to come out.
If they don’t have pedicure chairs with jets they still need to be chemically
Timeless Harmony goes above and beyond with disinfecting and sanitizing our tools, tub and surrounding area. Your health and protection is our #1 Priority. We invite you to come in and view our pedicure space and see for yourself. Let us know you have read this blog and you will receive 25% off your next pedicure. See you soon!